When a company has been in business for over 30 years, many interesting stories tend to accumulate. Here at Vanguard Direct, we definitely have collected our fair share. Despite our ubiquity within our industry, we found 10 things you might not know about Vanguard Direct.
1. We have a total of five locations on the East Coast: PA, NJ, NY, CT, and FL.
2. We opened for business in 1976.
3. Our current director of customer service, Millie Camacho, was our very first customer service representative in NYC.
4. Vanguard Direct’s first home in NYC was at 90 West Street in Lower Manhattan, and was destroyed in the 9/11 attacks on the World Trade Center. We are now located in Midtown.
5. For the first time in the history of the Print Services & Distribution Association (PSDA), a president of the organization has won a coveted Apex Award for Publication Excellence. The award went to our own Bob O’Connell, president of Vanguard Direct.
6. Vanguard Direct now ranks #7 on the Top 100 Distributors list produced by the prestigious PSDA and advanced to this ranking from a #9 spot the previous year.
7. Our production department has over 400 years of total experience among all our representatives and coordinators!
8. Every year during the holiday season, Vanguard Direct employees prepare care packages to send to troops overseas––this past year, we collected over 25 items to put in each package and made sure to send each with a handwritten thank-you note to our troops.
9. Vanguard Direct is a family-owned business, and brothers Bob and Don O’Connell still oversee and manage daily business.
10. Our location in Maplewood, New Jersey, not only serves as a logistical office for Vanguard Direct employees, but also as a 110,000+-square-foot distribution center. You can take a virtual tour of our Maplewood Distribution Center right from our website!
Authors: Stephanie Huston and Dustin Hill