Check out Adforum’s top five commercials for this week. While many of them have been played to death, we still enjoy seeing some of those foreign ads, which are often filled with uncomfortable surprises. At the end of the day, we at Utterly Orange have chosen Unicef’s “Santa” ad for its ability to strike that “serious” chord and remain entertaining. While many ads during the season provide cynical and humorous outside perspectives on our holiday habits, it’s nice to see a commercial that’s genuine. Take a look and cast your vote!
1. Jack Daniel’s – “Holiday Barrel Tree” – Arnold Worldwide
2. Best Buy – “When Mom Orders Online” – Crispin Porter + Bogusky
3. Unicef – “Santa” – Forsman & Bodenfors
4. Staples – “Holiday Rehearsal” – MacLaren McCann
5. Koko Productions – “Artisan” – DDB Canada (View with caution. Not the classiest thing out there right now.)
Author: Eric Swenson