The August 2011 issue of Print Solutions magazine, published by the Print Services Distribution Association (PSDA), contained a list of the year’s top distributors. Vanguard Direct placed highly in several categories, including Top Distributors of the Year.
Vanguard has been an active member of the PSDA, with President Bob O’Connell serving as PSDA Board President in 2008. Over the years, Vanguard has consistently ranked highly in this annual list, and 2011 was no different.
Among the Top 50 PSDA Member Distributors, Vanguard Direct placed 4th overall. Vanguard also ranked 4th in the list of Top Sellers of Marketing Services, which is an indication of our ever-increasing presence outside the print realm.
Other rankings included 4th place for Top Sellers of Commercial Print, 5th place for Plastic Products, and 9th place for Promotional Products.
Author: Dustin Hill
When a company has been in business for over 30 years, many interesting stories tend to accumulate. Here at Vanguard Direct, we definitely have collected our fair share. Despite our ubiquity within our industry, we found 10 things you might not know about Vanguard Direct.
1. We have a total of five locations on the East Coast: PA, NJ, NY, CT, and FL.
2. We opened for business in 1976.
3. Our current director of customer service, Millie Camacho, was our very first customer service representative in NYC.
4. Vanguard Direct’s first home in NYC was at 90 West Street in Lower Manhattan, and was destroyed in the 9/11 attacks on the World Trade Center. We are now located in Midtown.
5. For the first time in the history of the Print Services & Distribution Association (PSDA), a president of the organization has won a coveted Apex Award for Publication Excellence. The award went to our own Bob O’Connell, president of Vanguard Direct.
6. Vanguard Direct now ranks #7 on the Top 100 Distributors list produced by the prestigious PSDA and advanced to this ranking from a #9 spot the previous year.
7. Our production department has over 400 years of total experience among all our representatives and coordinators!
8. Every year during the holiday season, Vanguard Direct employees prepare care packages to send to troops overseas––this past year, we collected over 25 items to put in each package and made sure to send each with a handwritten thank-you note to our troops.
9. Vanguard Direct is a family-owned business, and brothers Bob and Don O’Connell still oversee and manage daily business.
10. Our location in Maplewood, New Jersey, not only serves as a logistical office for Vanguard Direct employees, but also as a 110,000+-square-foot distribution center. You can take a virtual tour of our Maplewood Distribution Center right from our website!
Authors: Stephanie Huston and Dustin Hill
Print Services and Distribution Association (PSDA) released their 2010 annual list of the top distributors in America. Vanguard Direct is ranked 8th nationwide. This puts us at the top in the Northeast and the New York City area.
In a sign that Vanguard Direct is leading the new direction of our industry, we are listed #2 in the Top Marketing Service Sellers and #2 in the Top Tech Service Sellers. With validated expertise in areas that can affect your bottom line, Vanguard Direct stands ready to Take Charge and provide solutions for you.
The Print Services & Distribution Association is an international organization of print distributors, trade printers and suppliers working together to ensure that end users receive the products and services they need to succeed. It is the mission of both Vanguard Direct and PSDA to stay ahead of relevant industry trends to better provide our members with the resources they need to thrive in
the changing marketplace.
What industry trends are you paying attention to to stay ahead of the
curve in 2011?